January was a HUGE month for snow.
I guess it's been seventeen years since we've gotten this much.
And the boys LOVED it!
Ammon was especially eager to go straight to work shoveling snow and playing.
(The shoveling part lasted about four minutes - the playing about four hours...)
Late in the evening, the boys showed up at the back door asking,
"Mom, do we have any coal?"
???
I was so confused.
Do we have any coal???
What in the world would a five and nine year old need coal for?
And then I realized.
"Do you need eyes for a snowman?"
Yup.
That's what it was.
We didn't have any coal, so we used Andy's original pair of Oakley's.
They are fifteen years old.
He has literally five other pairs.
He never wears them these ones.
He still cringed a little when I told him we were using them for the snow man.
The boys were happy that we had carrots for a nose.
Peter mentioned that his snow man looked happy.
I think it was partly because of all the pretty colors of the fruit loop mouth.
They put the finishing touches on the snowman, we took pictures, and then came in for bed.
They had played out in the snow ALL day.

I love the snowman's smile. They are so creative!
ReplyDelete