Now that we have our evenings back, we have reclaimed date night.
Sometimes the dates are between one parent and one child.
Sometimes they are just the parents.
And other times yet, they are the entire family.
Last night was our family date night.
We were actually going to start our evening by taking dinner to my grandparents.
They had fed us the night before.
I had been amazingly busy and hadn't been able to stay to visit.
Andrew got called away to help me out for some of the time.
So we wanted to go back.
As Andrew reminded me, not every kid gets to grow up knowing his great-grandparents.
This is a pretty special treat.
We want to let our boys live it up while we can!
We called my grandma to tell her we were bringing dinner.
But she was on her way out the door.
They had been busy at home all day, and Grandpa was ready to go out.
They invited us to join them!
Grandpa LOVES bacon and eggs.
It's what he eats pretty much every day.
Sometimes he eats it two or three times a day.
So Denny's is a good choice for him.
That worked out well for us because the boys also LOVE Denny's.
As you can see from their smiles, they also love my Grandma.
(And seriously, who can blame them? She is an amazing woman!!!!)
After dinner, we headed to Scheel's.
Grandpa was excited to check out all of the fishing stuff.
He is 92 years old,
he hasn't been able to walk on his own for years,
he hates traveling,
but is obsessed with planning a fishing trip.
For Christmas, he wanted to take my Grandma camping so they could fish.
He thought this picture was pretty cool stuff,
although he didn't understand it while it was being taken...
Grandpa has also been really interested in this Ferris Wheel.
Sadly, there are several steps to get onto it, and he can't get up them.
At some point we are planning on getting our brothers/husbands to carry him up.
But last night was just Andrew.
He took the boys and Grandpa, Grandma and I watched.
Peter and Andrew LOVED it.
They had tons of fun.
Poor Ammon takes after me.
It made him VERY nervous.
(I'm with you Ammon - I HATE Ferris Wheels!)
I think he was miserable the entire time.
Overall, it was a fun night out.
I LOVE having my grandparents live so close.
I grew up with them being in a different state.
Having them here is something I can NOT take for granted.
It has been so much fun for me, my husband and my children.
What a blessing!



No comments:
Post a Comment