If I am counting correctly, I now have 18 nieces and nephews.
10 girls, 8 boys.
(And since 10+8=18, I think I must have gotten it right.)
This little cutie turned my brother into a father.
I remember David being born.
His crib was in my room.
I would wake up to see if he was breathing.
I changed his diapers, burped him, and loved him.
With Alister I feel like I am one step closer to being a grandma.
I know I'm too young to think about that.
But since I have less children than I had hoped for,
I have already spent a few years looking forward to the grandparent phase with anticipation.
And then I realized that my younger siblings would provide me with a happy in between phase.
This baby is the first of my nephews and nieces that doesn't have a sibling who overlaps in ages with my kids.
We won't do play dates with this little guy - the relationship will be different.
Instead of being one of the moms, I hope I get to be the grandma-like Aunt.
I want to spoil and love and adore.
And just look at that face!
I'm thinking that spoiling, loving and adoring this one is going to be pretty darn easy!

He is precious!!!
ReplyDelete