The boys school has an awesome Leadership in Me program.
Each month they work on a different one of Covey's 7 Habits for Highly Successful People.
This past month focused on thinking "win/win".
Really, I think this is Ammon's favorite skill of the bunch.
He has been a natural at this ever since he was super young.
When he was little he wouldn't always say he was hungry and that he wanted an apple.
He would suggest, "We have too many apples..."
And leave it to me to determine how to solve the problem.
And leave it to me to determine how to solve the problem.
"Ammon, would you like to eat an apple?"
Of course, the answer would be yes!
Of course, the answer would be yes!
He was AMAZING at always creating a scenario
where it would benefit ME to suggest that he do exactly what HE wanted to do...
Anyway, that isn't exactly the winwin philosophy, but I think it's related.
The award was presented by Ammon's teacher, Mrs. Douglass.
We love her!
His principle was in charge of the assembly.
I don't know him well, but the kids adore him so I assume he is doing something right.
Peter and I were so happy to clap for Ammon and be there to support him.
Peter even took a picture of me with Ammon.
I sure am proud of my boys.
(Peter received the Leadership in Me award earlier this year.)

I love Aaron. He use to be the principal at my school. Love him and Congrats to Ammon on the award. I love the 7 habits!
ReplyDelete