This semester has found my children parent-less on Monday nights.
Andrew works until after bedtime.
And I was beyond belief frustrated when I learned that I had a class I needed to take during that time.
It has been hard on me to leave my children abandoned week after week.
So when I saw discount tickets for a "Halloween Cruise" I decided to jump on them.
And to celebrate Fall Break - my one week without a class - I took the boys.
I picked them up from school and we headed down to Orem.
After running a quick errand for my Grandma, we stopped for dinner.
(McDonald's - seriously gross, but it made me the coolest mom ever!)
My sister and her family met us at the cruise.
We were the first riders of the night.
The weather was pleasant and the boys had fun with their cousins.
The boys LOVED the pirate that "attacked" our cruise.
He asked if anyone knew any pirate jokes and Ammon immediately piped up.
"Why does a pirate have a hard time learning the alphabet?"
"Because he always gets stuck at 'c'!"
On the way home we stopped by to drop some things off to my Grandma.
Peter couldn't stop talking about what a great time he had.
The details of every moment just kept pouring out of him with so much enthusiasm.
(Ammon was busy "helping" Grandpa play a computer game.)
The next morning it was Ammon's turn to share the story of our evening.
He had the same unbridled animation as he told Andrew about our cruise.
It was a fun night!
I wish Andrew could have been there with us.
In the mean time, I think it was a good memory for the boys.
I know it was for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment